Problems with CLR Profiler

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:58 PM
I am trying to use CLR Profiler to find memory leaks in a .NET/DirectX based game (64 bit). I have problems with both versions, the .NET 4.0 based one as well as the .NET 4.5 based one.

I have placed both the programs under Program Files and am running them as administrator (Windows 10).

.NET 4.5:
"Start desktop app" and "Attach to process" both crash with this exception:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\CLR Profiler 4.5\64\CLRProfilerWindowsStoreAppHelper.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files\CLR Profiler 4.5\64\CLRProfilerWindowsStoreAppHelper.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

.NET 4:
"Start desktop app" crashes with no error message.

"Attach to process" will run, but it only allows me to take one heap snapshot. The second time I try, there is a long delay and then a message that says "There was no response from the application".
Then I can't use "Heap graph" and this makes it hard to find the memory leaks I am looking for.