This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Profiling ASP.NET Web Application

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I have running CLRProfiler for getting all call methods in ASP.NET Web Application. The problem is that I get method name only once (first call), even though it was called couples of time. For example, I have Button on Web App, the first click on button I can see in pipe log, but the others are not displayed in log.
Can you explain how I can catch all methods calls even if it was called couple of times?
Jun 4, 2013 at 12:03 AM
The log should automatically include all calls, but I think it tries to identify like-stacks with a unique ID, so the next time the same stack reappears, the stack ID is used (and it wouldn't need to re-look-up and log the method name every time, which would be costly). I'm a bit hazy on the details, though. Are you using the CLRProfiler GUI to view these stacks somehow, and are seeing incorrect results? If there's a particular CLRProfiler feature that's faulty as a result of this behavior, that would be good to know. Beyond that, we might not be able to make additional assumptions about the pipe log format--so long as it's good enough to support the CLRProfiler features.